How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5362
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Next Monday I was supposed to go to court for a declaration

Customer Question

Next Monday I was supposed to go to court for a declaration of parentage where my former fiancé was declared father of our daughter. Last past Wednesday he has lodged a C100 form with lots of requests of order completely new to me. I was served only at 6 pm on Friday with the papers from the court with the first hearing scheduled the following Monday at 10 am.I was not given any time to prepare myself considering I am a full time mum alone with two children one 5 months who required 24/7 care and the other 8 yo.I would like to request the judge to reschedule the hearing to a further date to allow me to prepare myself. would be this seen reasonable?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.
Hi yes that would be reasonable contact the court and ask them if an adjournment is possible. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.