Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Next Monday I was supposed to go to court for a declaration

Customer Question

Next Monday I was supposed to go to court for a declaration of parentage where my former fiancé was declared father of our daughter. Last past Wednesday he has lodged a C100 form with lots of requests of order completely new to me. I was served only at 6 pm on Friday with the papers from the court with the first hearing scheduled the following Monday at 10 am.I was not given any time to prepare myself considering I am a full time mum alone with two children one 5 months who required 24/7 care and the other 8 yo.I would like to request the judge to reschedule the hearing to a further date to allow me to prepare myself. would be this seen reasonable?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.
Hi yes that would be reasonable contact the court and ask them if an adjournment is possible. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.