How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 775
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

My ex partner and I have a tomporary court order in place

Customer Question

My ex partner and I have a tomporary court order in place regarding the children that stipulates my expartner is to drop the children to me on a Saturday and then I back to her Sunday. It specifically said this so that her parents don't come into contact with me because it is acrimonious. Yesterday my ex partners parents dropped the kids to me and it was very acrimonious infront of the children. The dad said my ex partner had to work (she is on benefits and shouldn't be working). This is breaking the court order. This morning I am meant to drop them back, which I assume will be to the parents again. Do I still drop the children back as per the court order and let the children see the swearing from the parents, or do I say I am not dropping them back until I know my ex partner can be there for the exchange?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 11 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone about this?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No I haven't
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 10 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry for the late reply. I would strongly advise that you apply for a specific issue order to resolve the matter. The order gives directions for determining a specific question that has arisen, or that may arise, in connection with any aspect of parental responsibility for a child. You can find more information here:

If you decide not to follow the current order I would recommend that you keep all evidence to show that she is breaching the order to prevent her from claiming you breached the order. Breaching an order is a serious offence.

I hope this helps. - if you can please accept the answer there will be a box to do so and give me a 5 star rating (top right corner of your screen) and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.


Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 6 days ago.

Hi, I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.