JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

On my form G I've said I would not be ready for the first

On my form G I've said I would not be ready for the first Appointment to be the FOR but my ex-husbands solicitor has stated that he (the respondent will be ready - does this mean I have to prepare a bundle for the first Appointment although I don't have a Solicitor and am the litigant???
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes - a Form A and form E including quentionaire chronology and issues my 1st appt. Sis 9 Dec 2019
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Luton Family court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I received a letter saying the respondents solicitor has prepared a bundle for the court and said"we presume you will prepare your own bundle"

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

The applicant must prepare the bundle for the FDR hearing. The FDA hearing "can" be used as the FDR assuming both parties agree and that all documents are available to allow negotiations to take place. You should just take a copy of your own Form E, Form G, questionnaire, statement of issues and the chronology to the hearing on 9th December 2019. The judge will give directions which includes which answers must be addressed from the questionnaires and the documents to be disclosed too (in readiness for the FDR). Don't be bullied by the solicitors - they are trying to take advantage of the fact you are a litigant in person to scare you.

If you want an advocate to come with you then these companies can offer one at a good rate :

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
In the respondent Case Summary the solicitor has stated that the respondent has been paying periodical payments to the wife under the terms of the court - I have made it clear I did not receive any money for two years and have proof - why has the solicitor written this when it's not correct?

I am not sure - you will need to bring that up at the FDA hearing. I don't know anything about the case and wouldn't know why that solicitor has said that.

If you could please leave a rating for your original question and click “submit” I would be very grateful.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Rating: Excellent

Sorry, I cannot take a call at the moment. If no one calls you then you will not be charged for it. However, the call request is open to all experts - if you want to cancel the call then please send an email to [email protected].

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would like to cancel my call but thank you - it has been very helpful!

No problem, I will ask customer services to do that now

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Can i be confident that the judge wont ask for a bundle on the first Appontment?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'm 72 and very nervous where at the top of what do i rate you