SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Me and my wife are thinking about immigration to Australia,

Customer Question

Hello, me and my wife are thinking about immigration to Australia, my eldest son has different biological father, he is 8 years old now, and never knew that I am not his father. Although fathers name is ***** ***** certificate, he was never in contact past the age of about 1, no child support or communication of any kind. How likely are we to get some sort of permission to take the child out of the country.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no not yet
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Northamptonshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Biological father lives somewhere outside of Uk. We don’t have contact details. So we have no immediate means to gain consent from him.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 9 days ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Do you have any means whatsoever to find the father's contact details? Are you certain he is in the UK?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am certain he is Not in Uk as he was deported.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 9 days ago.

In that case I am as certain as I can be that you would get permission to relocate from the courts. You have to apply to the court as you are unable to get the father's written consent.

Do you need to know how to make the appllication?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 9 days ago.

.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 days ago.

.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 5 days ago.

Can I check that you actually received my response and that it answered your query?