How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 15029
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

My daughter partner and there 3children were living in a

This answer was rated:

My daughter partner and there 3children were living in a private dwelling they were moved out because they owed rent the council put them in a room in a house the council believe they became homeless by not paying the rent but in highnsight if they knew they could get help they wouldn't be in this predicament, the council have told them they can't stay in this house so now they are homeless, being the daughters mum I have a 1 bedroom flat they are staying with me what else can we do can you help them please
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No cos we don't no what to do
Assistant: Where is the dwelling located?
Customer: Which dwelling
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My grandchildren are 6,. 3, and 5 months old the oldest has Asma my daughter's partner is working full time and they are paying 500pounds a month off their debt.


Thank you for your query. Are you saying that they were evicted from their rental accommodation but left before they were evicted by bailiffs?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
they went to the council with the letter saying they have to leave by, and the council put them in a house in pinhoe all in one room.


Unfortunately, if they left before they were removed by the Bailiffs, the council would have no legal obligation to house them and they would have to obtain housing through the private sector.

Had they stayed until they were evicted by the Bailiffs, the council would have had to re-house them.

I am sorry if this was not the answer you were expecting.

I hope this answers your questions. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My daughter says that the council told them to leave on the date of the letter


That is incorrect advice. They should not have left before they were evicted by Bailiffs.

they can file formal complaint with the Council. If they do not get a satisfactory response, they will have to escalate the complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman. The web address is:

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

Many thanks

INC Law and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you