How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1334
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I live with my boyfriend he owns the house we have a 3 year

This answer was rated:

I live with my boyfriend he owns the house we have a 3 year old son if he dies his will is still made out to his ex would I be able to stay in the house with our son

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm is he giving his house to his ex in his will? Is she his ex wife?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi no they were never married just together for about 15 years had a son who is now 19 they separated when he was 8?my bf paid her £500k she left and brought her own house he owns several yards and the house we currently live in yes still need an answer please as we have a 3 year old and if my bf died I want to know our position legally ? He made his will when his first son was born but since then I have helped him expand his business that is in my name and I’m 100% share holder but it’s our home I’m more worried about as we built the house his ex and oldest son has never lived in it they used to live in old house on our estate but it burnt down in 2008 and we rebuilt new bigger house hope this helps x

Hi, thank you for your message. If you do not own the house you have no rights to his house unless he sets it out in a new will. Within the will he can create a life interest in the house where he specifies that you can stay in the house until death if he dies. I would advise that you speak to him about your concerns as you have both invested in the property. If you decide to create a new will you should contact a solicitor in your area to help you draft the will with a life interest trust. You can find a solicitor through the law society using this function: (you will be able to search by area of expertise and location).

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner and just answer will credit me for helping you.

Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1334
Experience: Lawyer
Joy Nicholas and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you