Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

My Ex girlfriend is sharing personal and confidential

My Ex girlfriend is sharing personal and confidential information about me that can be damaging to me, what can I do about it?

Welcome to JA.

Did you instruct your ex to stop sharing such information and if so what was the response?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I’ve only just found out but she knows it will be damaging
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She is doing it the blacken my name

Thanks for the information.

Please note the actions she has undertaken is deemed misuse of private and confidential information.

You can commence action in the civil court to stop her from undertaking such action.

However before considering this route i suggest yo undertake the following action below:

• Notify her to STOP sharing private and confidential information. You may wish to point out the information you deem to fulfill this criteria so she is on notice about it
  • If the information in question are on a document or saved electronically please notify her to return the same and then delete ALL copies she has.
  • Inform her in the event she does not cease such action you will consider obtaining an injunction to stop her and also seek damages for the harm caused by sharing such information

Do you understand what i have stated if not please let me know

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes thank you Anthony

Your welcome and have a good day

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You too