How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6367
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Police preventing me from contacting my husband. THEY allege

This answer was rated:

Police preventing me from contacting my husband.THEY allege he assaulted me.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
MorningMany thanks for your response.I went to A&E and told the doctor that my husband had hit me. They said that it wA confidential
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I cannot speak at the moment. I hope you are still to talk here in the mean time.
But the doctor called the police
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I told the police I know noting of the conversation with the doctor and fell over
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My husband was released on police bail. CONDITION: not to enter 1 mile of freehold address (my home and businesses)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
NOT to contact my wife
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Your wife*
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Added to the mix, my husband is an informant in a private prosecution. I am a witness. How do we complete s.9 statements etc etc if we can not be in contact? Abuse of Court Process?

OK, thanks for the information. It is against GMC guidelines to inform the police without your consent, generally, but in cases where there are particularly vulnerable victims or a risk of harm to young children, for example, these guidelines can be sometimes not followed. But the issue now, as the potential complaint against the doctor is a separate issue, is obviously there bail conditions and the charges that have been filed.

Does he have a solicitor acting for him yet?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks.No. This all happened last night.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have found the ‘APPLICATION TO MAGISTRATES Court to Reconsider Bail Conditions’ form
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can the A & E doctors word be used in court, as hearsay or via s.9 statement? Etc. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please see above. Many thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Paul,The police after arresting my husband searched our house. They went top to bottom. They were looking for and found a specific hat.The police allege (pre-charge) that husband hit my head.My husband can be seen on my CCTV the day prior AND in interview wearing a very large thumb bandage.There will be no bandage fibres or blood on the hat.I would like this non-contact bail condition lifting ASAP.Should I tell the police about the above? Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The police went through every cupboard/draw/box in the house to find the hat

I note Jo has picked up this for you on another thread so I'll leave it to her to respond. Thanks.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don’t think Jo got the just of what I was asking. I would immensely appreciate your thoughts?Often people are told to say nothing to the police. But this all important evidence clearly points away from my husband. Many thanks.

I think it's up to the police to find provable links in the evidence, rather than you pointing out where you think there are none.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They somehow think that of any of my husbands DNA is on the hat he is guilty?!? Bizarre. Of course it will be. He lives here.I just don’t want him charging and put into custody!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think I’m goibg to mention the bandage and the fact that there won’t be any on the hat. Would you have any compelling reason not to?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Peter, (Apologise for calling you Paul above)

Just don't talk to them. It's not your job to try and make a forensic case for why your husband is not guilty.

After all he did assault you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Peter, I really hear what your saying.But the police are saying that I made 4 x 999 calls and then hung up. They are concerned.
I appreciate that on the face of the facts at hand they could be appreciated.This is all due to our neighbour and nothing to do with any marital issues.I have made around 14 x 999 calls in the past 2 years re my neighbour (Assault -convicted, harassment etc) and 70+ 101 calls.MOST HONESTLY, the police have gathered the wrong impression entirely. But I can see why!Of those 4 x 999 calls, whereby the phone went down, we either decided
that it was only right to ring 101, or we put the phone down to discuss what we were sa to the 999 operator.The police officers in charge of my husbands case do not know that yes, I made 4 ‘false/drop’ 999 calls. But I also made another 12!

I don't think any of this is relevant, necessarily.

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you