How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6446
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I had a assessment done in April by social services after I

This answer was rated:

Hi I had a assessment done in April by social services after I reported my ex partner for domestic violence. There was no follow up but myself and my ex were told he could not see my daughter at the same time as a girlfriend or I had to stop contact. We dont have this in writting we didnt get a copy of assessment but was in that. He has being seeing my daughter and his girlfriend together. Should I stop contact. There reason social services advised this is cause his violence record is so bad.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No social told me if it happend just to stop contact and hed have to take me to court.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Cumbria
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats all thanks

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly.

If this is the advice that you have had then you are completely entitled to stop contact. As the social worker has stated, if contact is not safe then you should stop it, he will have to apply to court.

Can I clarify anything?

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you

My pleasure. Best wishes.