plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I had a assessment done in April by social services after I

Hi I had a assessment done in April by social services after I reported my ex partner for domestic violence. There was no follow up but myself and my ex were told he could not see my daughter at the same time as a girlfriend or I had to stop contact. We dont have this in writting we didnt get a copy of assessment but was in that. He has being seeing my daughter and his girlfriend together. Should I stop contact. There reason social services advised this is cause his violence record is so bad.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No social told me if it happend just to stop contact and hed have to take me to court.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Cumbria
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thats all thanks

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly.

If this is the advice that you have had then you are completely entitled to stop contact. As the social worker has stated, if contact is not safe then you should stop it, he will have to apply to court.

Can I clarify anything?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

My pleasure. Best wishes.