How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I have a court order for child maintenance, my ex lives in

This answer was rated:

I have a court order for child maintenance, my ex lives in Dubai now and is not paying what is my position if I took it to court ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in the UK the court order was filed in weston supermare I think
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: do I have to pay for this advise how does it work
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
He is a director of a global company in Dubai so he is working. He is from the UK

Hello, my name is*****’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I will come back to you shortly with a response.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Peter thank you for your reply I look forward to hearing from you regards Louise

Of course Louise. If you have a UK court order that is not being paid, then you should enforce it though the UK courts. If it is unpaid and the evidence shows this, and he can afford to pay, then there will be a method to enforce the arrears and the future payments, the court may also consider capitalising payments into a one off lump sum if he has the assets to do this.

Can I clarify anything in particular?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks it's a UK court order
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I was just not sure how it works as my ex lives in Dubai

As long as you have contact details for them in Dubai you can file the application in the UK.

Is it part of a divorce financial order or is the order just for child maintenance?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you yes I have his home and work address in Dubai, we have stand alone consent order for child maintenance

OK. I understand.

Let me know if there is anything further I can assist with.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will and thank you for your advice on has been helpful all the best Louise