plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have a court order for child maintenance, my ex lives in

I have a court order for child maintenance, my ex lives in Dubai now and is not paying what is my position if I took it to court ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in the UK the court order was filed in weston supermare I think
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: do I have to pay for this advise how does it work
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He is a director of a global company in Dubai so he is working. He is from the UK

Hello, my name is Peter, I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I will come back to you shortly with a response.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello Peter thank you for your reply I look forward to hearing from you regards Louise

Of course Louise. If you have a UK court order that is not being paid, then you should enforce it though the UK courts. If it is unpaid and the evidence shows this, and he can afford to pay, then there will be a method to enforce the arrears and the future payments, the court may also consider capitalising payments into a one off lump sum if he has the assets to do this.

Can I clarify anything in particular?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks it's a UK court order
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was just not sure how it works as my ex lives in Dubai

As long as you have contact details for them in Dubai you can file the application in the UK.

Is it part of a divorce financial order or is the order just for child maintenance?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you yes I have his home and work address in Dubai, we have stand alone consent order for child maintenance

OK. I understand.

Let me know if there is anything further I can assist with.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (at the top right of your screen), I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I will and thank you for your advice on has been helpful all the best Louise