How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6404
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Just a question. If I get full custody of my children can I

This answer was rated:

Just a question. If I get full custody of my children can I move back to my country with them or their mother still can stop me moving away with them? Thanks

Hello and thanks for the question.

You can move back to your country, yes, but you would either need her permission or a court order permitting you to do so, even if you have sole custody.

Is there anything I can clarify for you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
On what accessions court would give me that permission?
So it's small chance for me to go back to my country with my kids isn't it?

It's a good chance if the court decides they should live with you and you have to return to your country. If it's in their best interests to live with you then the court won't realistically prevent you from moving out of the UK.

I hope this reassures you?

plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you