How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Chendo Your Own Question
Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1396
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Anthony Chendo is online now

I live in the uk and have a nip for driving without due care

This answer was rated:

I live in the uk and have a nip for driving without due care and attention the nip has arrived 5 and half months after the offence what action should I take?
Assistant: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: No just got a form for driver details but I’ve herd the nip needs to be send within 14 days
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I don’t think so thank you


Welcome to JA.

Are you the registered keeper and have you moved address without informing the DVLA?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am registered keeper at the same address where the nip was sent
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It’s turned up 5 and a half months after the offence

Failure to send a NIP within 14 days can be used as a defence to the charge. Further another point to support your defence is if the NIP is dated more than 14 days after the offence too.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

If I have clarified the position please click on the 5 stars button at the top of your screen as this will help improve the service given in future.

Anthony Chendo and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you