SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Family Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

SASH_LAW I’m wondering what exactly has to be put in the

SASH_LAWI’m wondering what exactly has to be put in the forms for the clean break document is it up to the people involved how to resolve finances

Hello again

A consent order is a document that contains all the agreements that a couple have made regarding their finances and property. Whilst you can get the content agreed between yourselves and a mediator (the cheapest method of doing this), the mediator will advise each of you to get independent legal advice to ensure that the agreement you have reached is fair. One of you will then instruct their solicitor to draft the consent order, with all relevant clauses included to ensure it is a clean break order, and the other person's solicitor will review it. If all parties are happy, then the consent order can be sent to court to be sealed.

I would not advise anyone without experience of consent orders to try drafting it for themselves as that could prove to be a false economy. It is not possible in a forum such as this to give specific advice on the content of a consent order; this is because both parties have to give full disclosure of their financial circumstances and that generally involves a lot of paperwork to review which is outside the remit of a question and answer site.

Please accept and rate positively using the five stars at the top of your page as that is how I am paid for assisting you today. Thank you.