plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I just filed online a C100 with the family court asking to

I just filed online a C100 with the family court asking to return my child to the UK since it was taken against court order. I asked to have a hearing within 24 hours since the child is already outside the country. All this was on Friday. The payment has been made via phone since I live 200 miles away from the court (residence of the child is in London) but since than I never heard back from them. I tried to call several times already but all phone number that I was given by the court are not answering or say that they are busy. Anything I can do here?

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm just reviewing your query.

OK - I appreciate you have asked for the 24 hour turnaround, but the court has to decide whether it meets the criteria for such an urgent hearing or not. You will hear from the court, and all I can advise at this stage is that you keep trying to get through. Which court have you filed the application in?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi, I filled it with the Central Family Court in London, they gave me 2 phone numbers but nobody is answering one and the other is always busy.

OK. As above, I'm afraid you will have to keep trying to contact the court. You can also email the court here:

[email protected]

Just to check that the number you have is the one here:

020 7421 8594

Are these the details you have?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
After calling that number I was told to call 02074218599 and/or 02074218588. When dialling to 02074218594 and selecting the right option, it says its busy. I might try the email.
Can I ask you, I sent the respondent an whatsapp message to let her know about the application (which was acknowledged). Should I send my online application via email as well? or await for court further instructions? (when applying it said I should the respondent know since I was asking for a short notice hearing). I have received the copy of my application via email, just forwarding this to the respondent is enough?

If you have the copy to send by email, and have an email address, then you should send this too.

I hope you get this resolved, and quickly.

Can I clarify anything further at this stage for you?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
thats it, thank you very much for your help.