How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36502
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

How can you overturn a case presented to family court (about

This answer was rated:

How can you overturn a case presented to family court (about ten years ago)? I would like to take someone to criminal court. The criminal case is to do with rape and paedophilia, that was dismissed back then, and I don't think it should even have been in family court. Can a criminal case overturn a ruling for a family case? The person in question free and abusing others, we would like them stopped.
JA: Have rape charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: About 10 years ago. There is no next court date. The police downplayed what happened and told the wife of the accused that that is just what married women are supposed to put up with
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: surrey
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that although most of the persons children have managed to leave the household there are still 2 children there.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The criminal and family court are two separate courts. The fact that a case did not succeed in the family court does not mean it can not successfully be brought in the criminal court. As such you should contact the police and ask them to investigate the matter on your behalf pursuant to your complaint. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars

Thomas Judge and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you