Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

How can you overturn a case presented to family court (about

How can you overturn a case presented to family court (about ten years ago)? I would like to take someone to criminal court. The criminal case is to do with rape and paedophilia, that was dismissed back then, and I don't think it should even have been in family court. Can a criminal case overturn a ruling for a family case? The person in question free and abusing others, we would like them stopped.
JA: Have rape charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: About 10 years ago. There is no next court date. The police downplayed what happened and told the wife of the accused that that is just what married women are supposed to put up with
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: surrey
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that although most of the persons children have managed to leave the household there are still 2 children there.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The criminal and family court are two separate courts. The fact that a case did not succeed in the family court does not mean it can not successfully be brought in the criminal court. As such you should contact the police and ask them to investigate the matter on your behalf pursuant to your complaint. I hope this helps and please rate 5 stars