Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have 2 sons with My ex husband, aged 14 & 9. 18months ago

Hello i have 2 sons with My ex husband, aged 14 & 9. 18months ago social services stopped dads contact due to a number of concerns. Emotional abuse being main concern & possible sexual abuse after eldest made a disclosure to adult at school. They stopped his contact temporarily pending a parent assessment which he ignored. He has now contacted a solicitor who wrote requesting mediation with me. I refused advising that he completes social services assessment what happens now? What do i need to do? Dad has had no contact with boys for 18months
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: 14 yr old wants no contact with dad no, ive not asked 9yr old. I really feel that if the 9yr old starts to see his dad it might set him back emotionally.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Leicester
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Your situation would not be suitable for mediation. Is correct for you to refuse any level of mediation or contact (indirect or direct). It is for him to if he so wishes make an application to the court for a child arrangements order to spend time with the children. The court would be very reluctant to allow such contact and would usually order a fact finding hearing to assess the situation. I have to help you attached a link to a fabulous book which explains the process - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Thankyou, is this a quick process?

The book should help.