JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

My brother and I are joint executors of our Mothers Will. We

My brother and I are joint executors of our Mothers Will. We have a sibling who is neither an executor or beneficiary, Can our sibling be allowed to see the contents of Mums will.

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you this evening.

She could obtain a copy of the will if it is registered with the national will register - although the fact that she is an immediate family member to your Mother does mean however that she has a right to see it. This is the case even if she is not an executor and not named in the will as a beneficiary.

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim