Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

We are moving forward with our Separation Agreement but a

Hello again. We are moving forward with our Separation Agreement but a question is troubling me. The split agreed of 78%/22% will be documented on the Separation Agreement before we put the house up for sale. But as the Land Registry shows 60%/40% could my husband suddenly declare he wants 40% after an Exchange has taken place (and I have signed the agreement) but before Completion. Where would I stand if this scenario happened?
Hi thank you for your message, no he could not or rather he could but the agreement is enforceable. Therefore, if he was to ask for 40% you could just point to the separation agreement and enforce that agreement. Make sure the separation agreement is drawn up properly by a solicitor, signed and witnessed. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.