How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5462
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

We are moving forward with our Separation Agreement but a

This answer was rated:

Hello again. We are moving forward with our Separation Agreement but a question is troubling me. The split agreed of 78%/22% will be documented on the Separation Agreement before we put the house up for sale. But as the Land Registry shows 60%/40% could my husband suddenly declare he wants 40% after an Exchange has taken place (and I have signed the agreement) but before Completion. Where would I stand if this scenario happened?
Hi thank you for your message, no he could not or rather he could but the agreement is enforceable. Therefore, if he was to ask for 40% you could just point to the separation agreement and enforce that agreement. Make sure the separation agreement is drawn up properly by a solicitor, signed and witnessed. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you