Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I applied to a C100 with the court because i want an

Hi, I applied to a C100 with the court because i want an specific issue order and a child arrangement order and enforce the existing one. There is an existing child arrangement order, but mother has been disrespecting visitations and video calls ordered by the court and now let the child out of the country without permission of the court or myself with the grandparents. Mother is in the UK, as me, but child is in Portugal at the moment against court order. court sent me an email saying "Please inform the applicant that if this is a child abduction matter you should contact the Central Authority. Please provide a summary of the relevant background of the case e.g. when the child went to Portugal and if you believe the child has been removed permanently." what should i do now? mother agreed to bring child back tomorrow
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm what are your current intentions? To enforce the order or not?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
yes, to enforce the order.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
and prevent this to happen again.

Hi, thank you for your message. You will need to inform the courts of what has happened and they will act accordingly. Breaching a court order is a serious offence and in worst cases can lead to a prison sentence. If you are concerned your child has been abducted you should contact the courts directly and make sure to let them know it is an emergency. At your next hearing the matter will be dealt with accordingly and your ex may face severe consequences for breaching the order.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner and just answer will credit me for helping you.