Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
27487359

I have a question, can I take my child abroad without my

Hello , I have a question , can I take my child abroad without my partner permission?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No , I just want to know because his name is ***** ***** birth certificate, so I need to know if I need his permission to take my daughter abroad .
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: London, Ealing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No , just this

Is there a court order in place?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Ok. Without a court order you do need your partner's permission to take the child abroad, otherwise it can be classed as child abduction. If you have an order that the child lives with you - a child arrangements order - then you can take the child out of the country for up to 30 days without permission. I have to help you attached a link to a great book which explains the process - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Represent-Yourself-Family-Court-understanding/dp/147211910X

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars