How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36519
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

I have a question, can I take my child abroad without my

This answer was rated:

Hello , I have a question , can I take my child abroad without my partner permission?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No , I just want to know because his name is ***** ***** birth certificate, so I need to know if I need his permission to take my daughter abroad .
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: London, Ealing
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No , just this

Is there a court order in place?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. Ok. Without a court order you do need your partner's permission to take the child abroad, otherwise it can be classed as child abduction. If you have an order that the child lives with you - a child arrangements order - then you can take the child out of the country for up to 30 days without permission. I have to help you attached a link to a great book which explains the process -

Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Thomas Judge and 3 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you