How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1435
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I am divorced and part of the family court order that I

Customer Question

i am divorced and part of the family court order that I signed instructs me to pay £ 525 , still typing
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: a month maintenance, my situation at work has changed and I now cant afford to pay this amount
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Barnstaple, Devon
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The family court was in Barnstaple, Devon
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

Was this a financial consent order for spousal maintenance or child maintenance?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?