How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1435
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

Iam looking for a solicitor that does legal aid for family

Customer Question

hi Iam looking for a solicitor that does legal aid for family law a friend needs to look into getting an injunction out against her ex husband who is violent and is storking her 11 year old son
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: she has contacted the police who told her to contact idas idas wont do anything as there is no harm come to her son
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: harrogate
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: she is desperate for help and her son does not want anything to do with his dad he is terrified
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

When you say that the father is stalking the child, what exactly is the father doing? I understand that you have said the father is violent, but has that violence been towards the mother, or the child?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 months ago.

Do you still need assistance with this?