How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1435
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I like to ask you the question. I did have a baby, and his

Customer Question

Good morning. I like to ask you the question. I did have a baby, and his dad been harassing me during the pregnancy and after. As a result he applied to the court and used lies to do it and didn’t shows up on the court date him self, so the case was dismissed. I have all evidence to prove all his behaviour, but because is not abuse in the relationship I’m not entitled to free legal help. This man he still expecting to be with me and main worry’s that he can stop or in other way disturb baby’s progress (baby was born very ill and the next 2 years is cruel for his recovery) if he don’t achieve what he wants. As a result he ask me to put him in child’s birth certificate and give baby his surename
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Sorry I send not full massage. He asked me to put him in birth certificate and give his surname to the baby or he will continue with the courts. He is aware that child’s need full attention and extra expenses for his recovery and I have no times for the courts. And him he needs to prolong his working visa in next months. I agreed and will do this, and for now he shoed that he want to help, but I’m worry that after he receives his visa he can give us extra problems. I did write the letter to the court with evidences that what he stated in application is a lie, but he didn’t shoed up on court date and application was dismissed. I know that if I put him in the birth certificate he will have the same rights, and like to ask you or there is any document we can sight with him between us as a evidence that for the next 3years to avoid his mood swings decisions made for the baby’s health going to be done by me only. Specially his is not fully aware in his needs and my self I have medical education which is advantage in baby’s situation.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We live separately with this man, my main question is or here is any legal document we can sight before I put him in birth certificate to prevent unexpected harmful actions toward child health from baby’s dad side. I have no extra expenses go true the court process at this point of life because the baby needs extra time for recovery and extra expenses.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Lea and I have reviewed your query.

What court application did he make? Was it in relation to the child? Haven't you already registered the child? How old is the child?

Please bear in mind this is an email service and not a live chat so responses may not be instantaneous. I am not available for calls, but in all cases it is very likely you can be helped online.