How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1836
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I have been married 25 years been together 37 years my

Customer Question

I have been married 25 years been together 37 years my husband at 7 affairs the last affair was in 2008 he done a contract saying if he had another affair air that he will pay half the mortgage and the house will go to the girls is this legally binding
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No he's just had another pair
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Birmingham England
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.
Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.
When did he make this agreement? How was the agreement made? Was the agreement witnessed? are you looking to ask him to effect the transfer?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
made in 2008 yes and was witnessed by a friend yes
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the additional information.The court’s have been known to give effect to these types of agreement as it usually shows or demonstrates the intent of parties. However, the court’s are able to go behind them or have the discretion not to enforce them if challenged if they find that they are unfair or prejudicial to children. As the ultimate beneficiaries to your agreement Is the children, it is likely that the court will enforce the agreement if he tries to change his mind.What I would recommend that you do, if it is you intend to divorce. Is to file divorce proceedings, then commenc an application for financial order. In applying for the financial order, you should seek to have the property transferred to the children and ensure that this is formally ordered by the court by way of a consent order. Once this is done, he would not be able at a later stage, to challenge this.I do hope this helps. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.Kindly indicate that you have accepted the answer given by clicking on the stars at the top of the page.Best wishes