How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 15126
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I'm looking for a divorce attorney that can help with child

Customer Question

I'm looking for a divorce attorney that can help with child custody(international) as I'm an American citizen and my ex is a British Citizen
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no I have not
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Norfolk near King's lynn
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Married 15 years,have a 14 year old son and there is a history of emotional and phyical abuse by my ex
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.


Thank you for query. Unfortunately, this is a chat and telephone service. The best place to locate a solicitor who can deal with this for you would either need to instruct a lawyer in the US if dealing with the US courts or instruct a lawyer in the UK. You able to find details of a lawyer in the UK close to you on the Law Society website under the section Find A Solicitor. The web address is:

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
what is proof of burden on emotional and physical abuse? My son can verify his dad abused him but what of the abuse I suffered?
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.


It would be the civil standard of balance of probability.

As I have answered your original question, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Your question will not close and I will be happy to answer any follow up questions.

many thanks