How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5815
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I have had an order to pay child maintenance. Do I have to

Customer Question

I have had an order to pay child maintenance. Do I have to pay any rent on top of this to house my family?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: actually I am writing on behalf of my nephew. He as been issued papers from the Child maintenance service team
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: He as been named in an application for child maintenance
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 6 months ago.
No he does not have to pay for his housing beyond the child maintenance. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.