Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I have had an order to pay child maintenance. Do I have to

Customer Question

I have had an order to pay child maintenance. Do I have to pay any rent on top of this to house my family?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: actually I am writing on behalf of my nephew. He as been issued papers from the Child maintenance service team
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: He as been named in an application for child maintenance
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 15 days ago.
No he does not have to pay for his housing beyond the child maintenance. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.