Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I have received the divorce petition in which my wife is

I have received the divorce petition in which my wife is claiming irretrievable breaking down of the marriage and to support this reason she has mentioned that I have transferred her money to my brother without her consent.My question is that the funds that my wife is referring to was received by the sale of a property in india while we are married. the property was in the name of my wife in the sale deed but the funds used to buy the property belonged to me and my brother. I have supporting bank statements to show transfer of funds from me and my brothers bank account into her bank account.Since we allowed my wife to put her name on the property as an act of good faith by me and my brother and since she is now claiming all the funds we got from the sale of this property belong to her. Is this true ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I am willing to wait for an answer.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have you seen any of her evidence?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No
Hi, thank you for your message. You can contest her claim. I would advise you find a solicitor in your area to represent you. You can find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here:https://solicitors.lawsociety.org. You should provide the solicitor with all your evidence strengthening your case.
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today

Hi, I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.

Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer