INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

If you obtain a decree absolute prior to reaching a pension

Hi, If you obtain a decree absolute prior to reaching a pension order settlement does this effect in anyway the process or outcome, thanks

Thank you for your query. If you obtain a Decree Absolute before obtaining a pension order settlement, it CAN affect the outcome in the sense that it will restrict the amount or prevent you from making a claim against the pension of your Partner.

I hope this answers your questions. if so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I’m actually the respondent would that make a difference

If you are the respondent then you would want the Decree Absomute to be granted before any Pension Order is made.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you , would it be possible to expand on why it would be best for the respondent (myself ) to obtain a decree absolute before the pension order is granted / finalised,thank you

Because your ex partner would then have unlimited or no claim to your pension.