Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I’m going through family court as the respondent in a

Hi, I’m going through family court as the respondent in a pension sharing order ( work pesnion). We completed form E along with questions etc and have attended the first hearing last week. FDR will be in July August this will be after the pension report is completed that they wantedI have now just received an email from the applicants solicitors requesting that I obtain a state pension forecast . Do I need to do this as nothing was mentioned at the first hearing or requested prior to this hearing.(I am 54)Regards
Hi thank you for your message, you do not have to do this though the applicant might try to get the court to order this but they will need to apply and you can argue against this. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you , for your response
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry for another question, I am the respondent in the case can I obtain the decree absolute prior to the completion of the pension sharing claim FDR. Will it effect the case in anyway, the decree nisi was granted at the end of October 2019 , they have not requested it yet.
you can get the decree absolute. The divorce and the financial division of assets are in effect seperate procedures therefore obtaining the decree absolute will not affect the FDR.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That’s what I thought : it was a remark from their barrister out of court while going through some items which was a kind of threat of trying to get a monthly payment until the procedure was over if I obtained the absolute , but he didn’t bring anything up in court regarding it
probably just trying to pressure you into agreeing something. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have just received a draft letter from the applicants solicitors regarding instructing the pensions expert, I noticed that they have put on the form state pension and have asked me to fill out an authority allowing the expert to contact my employer, is this correct as nothing Was discussed about contact my employer since they have the cetv. Also should I cross out the state pension as again nothing was mentioned about this in front of the judge

In essence if this was not discussed in court you do not have to agree to this so simply refuse to give authority for them to contact your employer. You can also cross out the state pension point.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does the pension expert that is instructed just go by the cetv then

Yes they should do so, yes.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just confirm they don’t contact my employer

No, they cannot without your permission.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I meant my pension provider

They cannot contact the pension provider without your permission.