How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1825
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

We have been asked to sort out our parents power of eterny

This answer was rated:

We have been asked to sort out our parents power of eterny (excuse the spelling) I live in the same house currently as my parents. I don’t want to fall out with any of my siblings because of this.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No all that has happened is my has asked my older sister to find out how to do it
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I am in Rutland
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I don’t think so

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter.

I understand your situation. Can you tell me what your question is specifically please. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How can we as siblings sort this out so that there are no fallouts or conflicts?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thank you

Thank you. This is actually quite easy. You can appoint all of the siblings as attorney's or just one of you. Or alternatively, you can appoint someone as the primary attorney and another sibling as a secondary attorney. If you appoint all of the siblings as equal attorney's then you will all have the same power so one person can't make decisions over the others. The best way to go about this is to all go to the lawyer who is going to write the Power of Attorney and he will go through who would have what power in detail so that everyone is fully informed when the document is written. It will be up to all of you how you want appoint the attorney's but that is a decision you will have to come together.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Kind regards


Ross Miller and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you Ross. I’m not confident talking with people on the phone that’s why I declined. And I found the information useful