How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5894
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My husband has sent a letter to formalise divorce

This answer was rated:

my husband has sent a letter to formalise divorce proceedings under the premise of unreasonable behaviour. If he is claiming Legal Aid does he have a limited selection?
JA: What steps has your husband taken? Has he filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I ask because we have a villa we bought in Turkey and I do not think he has funds for a divorce
JA: Has he talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: yes I received a letter from a solicitor
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My husband has been the one who is unreasonable with multiple affairs, fraud etc. He is a compulsive liar throughout our marriage. I am wondering why he has cited me for unreasonable behaviour as he knows clearly it is him who has been unreasonable. We have a villa together in Turkey. I am awaiting the draft divorce petition. I believe he may be commiting fraud again.
To get legal aid he would have to claim domestic violence. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you