plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Can you please advise what happens if one party in uk

Customer Question

Can you please advise what happens if one party in uk divorce auxillary relief hearing does not attend court hearing . Respondent is finding all ways in to try to jeopardise the court and divorce process. Would the hearing still go ahead
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes the hearing is today... this is already the second court hearing in financial settlement process
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: Yes . I have been liaising with some of your experts already
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  plclegal replied 6 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

If this is the first time that the other party has not attended, they may be given the benefit of the doubt, particularly if they notify the court in advance. If they do not notify the court you can ask for the hearing to proceed in their absence, though if the judge does really need to hear from them before making a final order I would expect the hearing to be adjourned by the court to give them a final 'chance' to turn up before orders are made.

So I don't think you will get a resolution today, if they don't attend, I'm afraid.

Is there much in dispute between you?

Expert:  plclegal replied 5 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 2 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter