plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I am having issues with my partner’s ex wife. She has been

Customer Question

I am having issues with my partner’s ex wife. She has been harassing and aggressive towards me. My partner is in a middle of a divorce. How do I get a restraining order against her
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: my partner is waiting for a degree nisi. The ex has not been cooperative from day one. She is causing a lot drama that the police had to get involved. I have advised to seek a lawyer as she has been aggressive to me
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: its bury st edmunds
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It’s causing due stress and I’m also pregnant.. this situation is not conducive to me
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ve been asked to look at this for you, thank you for your patience.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Expert:  plclegal replied 11 days ago.

I suggest that you apply to the family court for a non-molestation order.

The form to apply is here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-fl401-application-for-a-non-molestation-order-occupation-order

There is no fee for the application.

Can I clarify anything?

Expert:  plclegal replied 9 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter

Expert:  plclegal replied 3 days ago.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Kind regards,

Peter