plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

If my child goes into care temporary by legal guardian can

If my child goes into care temporary by legal guardian can the father do anything
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Not yet.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Staffordshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Coul I take care of my son. I have had a brain tumour and on pips. Could my son come to me

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Can you clarify, where is your son, how old is he and who has he been living with up until now?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
My son lives with is Nan. She is also his legal guardian. My son is13. I feel she just doesn't care about him anymore.

What is the father's role in this?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No thanks
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I just need to know can my son li e with me even though I've had a brain tumour and receive pips benefeits
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I feel social services don't realise how difficult it is for me havins suffered grade 4 blasthoma been in there group meetings 5 way conversations I find difficult and feel they don't believe the problems I have. I love my son
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I would appreciate some advice please

Of course. Can you confirm what the father's role is and also under what arrangement his nan is his legal guardian? Was there social services involvement and court proceedings or was this an arrangement that you came to between yourselves?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
If your accused and go to court would you get help after brain tumour

Having had a brain tumour will not necessarily prevent you from being a parent. Are there any lasting effects that would impact on your ability to parent? Is his why nan became the carer?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can still drive so I can look after my son. I have Harvey at weekends, 6 weeks holiday and always take him for Holidays.

I've just seen that you would like to speak - can we book a call in for the morning?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry busy in morning with car at mechanics

No problem - let me know when you are free to talk.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Sorry made a mistake don't need your call

That's fine, I'll notify customer services that you did not need the call. Best wishes, Peter

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry I don't need a call anymore
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Sorry I'm OK now

It's fine I've let customer services know.