Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My daughter and granddaughter have run up debts in my name

My daughter and granddaughter have run up debts in my name with o2 . I have to date paid £2050.00 for 2 bills to stop the bailiffs.
My granddaughter has also ordered from Jdsports over £150.00 of goods in my name , again a debt collectors letter and on my credit rating there is an account with Virgin for £460.00 . The police have been informed and I have 3 crime reference numbers but they still havnt spoken to my daughter and granddaughter as and I quote, " the officer has 8 other cases on his books and mine is not as far on as those . What can I do ? Brenda Hobbs
Hi thank you for your message, contact the companies concerned and ask them to stop any interest accruing or debt collection measures whilst the case is being investigated by the police give them the Crime reference number. Do the same with the credit agencies. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.