How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 5814
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My daughter and granddaughter have run up debts in my name

This answer was rated:

My daughter and granddaughter have run up debts in my name with o2 . I have to date paid £2050.00 for 2 bills to stop the bailiffs.
My granddaughter has also ordered from Jdsports over £150.00 of goods in my name , again a debt collectors letter and on my credit rating there is an account with Virgin for £460.00 . The police have been informed and I have 3 crime reference numbers but they still havnt spoken to my daughter and granddaughter as and I quote, " the officer has 8 other cases on his books and mine is not as far on as those . What can I do ? Brenda Hobbs
Hi thank you for your message, contact the companies concerned and ask them to stop any interest accruing or debt collection measures whilst the case is being investigated by the police give them the Crime reference number. Do the same with the credit agencies. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Jeremy Aldermartin and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you