How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6597
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

Can I stop my son going into temporary care

This answer was rated:

Can I stop my son going into temporary care

If you can put forward a realistic proposal for caring for him, then this is something that should absolutely be considered.

If you don't consent to him being taken into care, the LA will have to apply to court to take him into care. The court will then have to look at all realistic options before making any kind of care order.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your support. Is there anything else I need to know. If I did have my son with me would I get help toa two bedroom flat as I only have a one bedroom.

Just be clear that you don't have to agree to anything that you don't think is in the best interests of your son.

As to the housing point - I cannot advise on what your local housing officer will decide - you would need to make an appointment with them to discuss.

I hope this clarifies things?

plclegal and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you