plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Can I stop my son going into temporary care

If you can put forward a realistic proposal for caring for him, then this is something that should absolutely be considered.

If you don't consent to him being taken into care, the LA will have to apply to court to take him into care. The court will then have to look at all realistic options before making any kind of care order.

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your support. Is there anything else I need to know. If I did have my son with me would I get help toa two bedroom flat as I only have a one bedroom.

Just be clear that you don't have to agree to anything that you don't think is in the best interests of your son.

As to the housing point - I cannot advise on what your local housing officer will decide - you would need to make an appointment with them to discuss.

I hope this clarifies things?