JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

HOW CAN I GET AN COURT ORDER TO TAKE MY KIDS ON A VACATION?

HI HOW CAN I GET AN COURT ORDER TO TAKE MY KIDS ON A VACATION?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: NO
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: LIVERPOOL
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

If there is a child arrangements order saying your Son lives with you then you can take him abroad for up to 1 month without the consent of the Father.

If there is no such order then you will need either your ex's written consent to travel abroad with your Son, or you will have to apply to the local family court for an order to travel. I would recommend you make the application as soon as possible if you plan to travel in the next few weeks.

You can apply online here depending where you live :

https://apply-to-court-about-child-arrangements.service.justice.gov.uk/?utm_source=formfinder

If that site does not let you apply, you need to fill in and send form C100 (attached) to your local family court centre. You will also need to pay the fee of £215 when you file the form (either a cheque payable to HMCTS or you can pay on the telephone if you contact the court. Alternatively if you go to the court in person you can pay over the counter).

You will need 3 completed copies of the form (fill out one and copy it another two times) so the court can process it for you. The court will list a short hearing where you attend and ask the judge for an order in relation to your travel details. If approved then you are allowed to travel and your ex will be served a copy of the order.

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (there should be a button at the top of your screen to do this), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
does my ex partner needs to be present on the hearing?
and how long will it take because i actually want to travel next month on the 18 of fab

He would be able to attend as he is the other parent. You can ring the court and ask for an urgent hearing - it depends on the court but you can tell the ex you will apply and he will be stuck with a court order and costs unless he agrees - that may help get him to agree to your trip in writing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you think i need the court permission to travel or the father cause i only want to go for a week the kids live with me am on benefit and actually a single mom the only problem is the kids have his surname but am the one how taking care of the kids
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

It's if you go abroad you need either permission of the Father or a court order.