Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I see my son at the moment,but only on his mithers terms...I

I see my son at the moment,but only on his mithers terms...I would like to go to court to get regular access to my son,nd to have him stay at mine nd not to be told where I can and cant take him....i just dont know what my best options are. Can you help?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I went to mediation, but she didnt go...so nothin else .that was a year ago
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: No
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi How can I help?

As a father you have the right to see your children and the court will encourage this.

If mediation has failed and your ex did not agree you have the right to make an application to the court. You would need to apply on form C100 to your nearest family court. The court fee is £215.

You may qualify for legal aid if you have low income/savings.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi I need to know the steps I need to take to get regular access to my 2 year old.......I have been seeing him regularly his hole life...but it's always on her terms ..I only see him when shes working nd it's at her home....I want to have him over night ..every other weekend.nd a day through the week??....it that possible for me nd what are my next steps

Once the application is made their will likely to be a number of hearings. Cafcass would need to be involved and assist the court and prepare a report as to what is best in terms of contact arrangements

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
As I see him now with no issues around me nd my parenting would I be likely to win or lose

You have right to be part of your child upbringing and the court will take into account what is best interest/welfare for the child. Your ex cannot just refuse you access

It is difficult to say - the court will consider a number of factors and you will both be interviewed by CAfcass to prepare a report which will assist the court.

Thank and good luck

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What factors in particular....

This is known as the welfare checklist.

The wishes/feelings of the child, age, educational needs etc

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok you have been extremely helpful thankyou. .is there anything I could do to prepare who help with my case

I would also suggest that you contact family solicitor as well on this matter. Thank you and have a nice evening

I would be grateful if you would leave me a positive rating by clicking on the above and press submit - I would appreciate it

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I certainly will thankyou very much