How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36610
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Can children be removed from an sgo by social services

This answer was rated:

Can children be removed from an sgo by social services immediately?
Assistant: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: All they have mentioned is they have the right to remove them under a section 47
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do they live in?
Customer: Wirral
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It is important I speak to someone asap
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can somebody help with this question urgently please?

Can you explain the question?

Thomas Judge and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My mother is an SGO for 2 of her grandchildren. She is temporarily fostering a 3rd grandchild who is subject to an interim care order
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is ok I don't need the phone call now thank you

If the child under the ICO is placed with your mother then the LA can remove that child. They would however need to apply for an ICO to remove the other two children from her care.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not need the phone call now. It is too late


Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How do they apply to remove the other 2 children from her care? What do they need to present to us? A court order from a judge?

They would need a court order from a judge.