Lawyer21
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
31642296

I need help with passport for my underage son, we are from

Hello, i need help with passport for my underage son, we are from Poland but we live in uk from 10 years. To apply for new passport for my son I need his father signature but we don’t have any contact with him from years and we don’t even know in which country he lives in. Can someone help me?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I live in England from 10 years but I’m from Poland my son is also polish
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet, I called one solicitor but they charge loads of money per hour and not even sure they can help me that’s why I wanted to find out from you first if there is anything I can do
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t know.. no

Hi How can I help?

Have you applied under the EU Settlement Scheme to secure your rights first of all?

What is the nationality of the child's father? Are you settled in the UK?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes i got settle status already, didn’t apply for my son status because I wanted to get his passport first

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
His father is polish too

Where was your son born?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes I’m settled in uk

How many years has your son lived in the UK?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
He was born in Poland
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We both live in uk for about 9-10 years

I see - you need to apply on form MN1 - Registration as a British citizen. Cost is £1,012 Home Office fee

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was reading online about form c100 is that not good?

C100 is not the right form. It's MN1 to register your child as a British citizen. C100 form if you want to apply for your Child to obtain contact arrangements.

You need to explain that the father's whereabouts are unknown and that you are the primary carer - have sole responsibility for your child.