How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1770
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

How does my son obtain the passports and bank account

This answer was rated:

how does my son obtain the passports and bank account details of his three children who now reside with him.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: He has just asked his ex for them and she refuses to give them over
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: He lives in Studley near reditch
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No,his ex is mentally unstable in our opinion

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter.

You have two options to get all of this information. Firstly, he can make an applicant by contacting the passport office and ask for them to provide him with the children's information. He will have to provide them with proof that he now has residence such as a copy of the court order. To be honest, if possible this will most likely get done quicker if you are able to appoint a local solicitor to help you. I would take the exact same steps with the bank. Once he provides the legal Decree from the court appointing him residency then they should simply provide him with the children's information and passports etc. However, another way to go about this and to be honest, the easier route, would simply to be ask the court who made the decision to order his ex to and everything over. This type of hearing could be dealt with in 30 mins and it would mean that his ex partner would be legally obliged to hand everything over.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click to “accept” the answer and leave me a 5 star rating (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge.

Kind regards


Ross Miller and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you