How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6631
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

I did receive decree nisi on April 2019 from the court well

This answer was rated:

Hi Gents,
I did receive decree nisi on April 2019 from the court well until the moment I still I did not apply for decree absolute.
Can i still apply for the decree absolute now? If yes do I need to apply for financial remedy proceedings based on the fact that I need to sell the house as my Ex husband is not cooperating?

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

You can apply for decree absolute now, there is no issue with doing that. If the time extends to over 12 months since decree nisi was pronounced you will have to provide a statement to the court to explain the reasons for the delay.

If you need to to apply for a financial order, you can do this in conjunction with the divorce proceedings (thereby delaying the application for decree absolute) or as a separate issue. It's actually possible with ways.

Can I clarify anything for you at this stage?

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you