plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I did receive decree nisi on April 2019 from the court well

Hi Gents,
I did receive decree nisi on April 2019 from the court well until the moment I still I did not apply for decree absolute.
Can i still apply for the decree absolute now? If yes do I need to apply for financial remedy proceedings based on the fact that I need to sell the house as my Ex husband is not cooperating?

Hello, my name is*****'m a barrister and will do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

You can apply for decree absolute now, there is no issue with doing that. If the time extends to over 12 months since decree nisi was pronounced you will have to provide a statement to the court to explain the reasons for the delay.

If you need to to apply for a financial order, you can do this in conjunction with the divorce proceedings (thereby delaying the application for decree absolute) or as a separate issue. It's actually possible with ways.

Can I clarify anything for you at this stage?

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter