plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

My former partner and I want to use a Solicitor for

My former partner and I want to use a Solicitor for mediation purposes to sort out our shared legal access to our son who will be 4 in April. She wants to use a Solicitor where she will have access to legal aid (she works part time) I have been told that the legal aid provision for mediation has been withdrawn and is no longer available in our area (Leamington Spa & Warwick) is this the case? if not how do we go about finding a solicitor that will give a Legal aid service. Many thanks.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I spoke with a lawyer, who was recommended but unfortunately she said she couldn't help as my former partner wanted legal aid
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like to know is the legal aid service still available in our area for mediation?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Legal aid is not usually available unless there has been domestic abuse, in which case mediation wouldn't;t work anyway.

But, it's worth checking with the national mediation council - https://www.familymediationcouncil.org.uk.

As for solicitors, they won't act under legal aid apart from in cases of domestic abuse, as above.

Can I clarify anything for you about this?

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,

Peter

plclegal, Barrister
Experience: Barrister at law