How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4900
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My former partner and I want to use a Solicitor for

This answer was rated:

My former partner and I want to use a Solicitor for mediation purposes to sort out our shared legal access to our son who will be 4 in April. She wants to use a Solicitor where she will have access to legal aid (she works part time) I have been told that the legal aid provision for mediation has been withdrawn and is no longer available in our area (Leamington Spa & Warwick) is this the case? if not how do we go about finding a solicitor that will give a Legal aid service. Many thanks.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I spoke with a lawyer, who was recommended but unfortunately she said she couldn't help as my former partner wanted legal aid
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would just like to know is the legal aid service still available in our area for mediation?

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Hello, my name is Peter and I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

Legal aid is not usually available unless there has been domestic abuse, in which case mediation wouldn't;t work anyway.

But, it's worth checking with the national mediation council -

As for solicitors, they won't act under legal aid apart from in cases of domestic abuse, as above.

Can I clarify anything for you about this?

Hello - I didn't hear from you.

Can I assist you further with your question?

If you have further questions, you can always come back to me.

In the meantime, if you could take a second to provide a 5 star rating (top right of your screen) I'll be credited for my time spent responding to your question.

Kind regards,


plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 4900
Experience: Barrister at law
plclegal and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you