How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask plclegal Your Own Question
plclegal, Barrister
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 6401
Experience:  Barrister at law
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
plclegal is online now

My abusive ex husband has made me homeless and has my 3

This answer was rated:

My abusive ex husband has made me homeless and has my 3 daughters. Hes made contact with my children very difficult. Ive reported him and that i need help to every authority. Last night my husband had the police remove my youngest daughter from me and an order in place that they live with him. My family and my ex husbands family are dangerous and not good for my girls and the breakdown in our relationship has demonstrated that. I have £42 to my name. I need help getting my girls.
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No i havent i dont know what or how to contest this and to get people to listen to me. My 14year old brother is in my care too at the moment while the police and social care investigate my little brothers allegations. My mum blames me of my brother not being in her care so shes helped my ex with court procedings. I have no one ive been isolated.
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Its in bristol family court
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dont think so just that i need support getting my daughters back and legal aid.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm just reviewing your question.

Can you tell me a little more about how he was abusive, please? You may be able to apply for a non-molestation and occupation order if you are the victim of an abusive relationship. This would also potentially entitle you to legal aid.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was accused of having an affair so He became jealous, would check my phone, call me fat and tell me when ive ate enough. He know i have confidence issues with my body changes since having children and he told me that no one would want me that i look like ive had children. He contacted my work and said i was ill and that I couldn’t speak so had a conversation with my boss without permission. Kept telling me im ill and crazy after an attack I experienced so told me i had to be medicated. Told me im not good enough to be a mother and the girls would be better off with out me. He had access to my banking online so has been watching my finances. He drives past where im staying at least twice a day when he doesn’t need to. He has manipulated my 2 elder daughter’s to think i fled the house from them and dont want them and they believe it. He makes contact with the older girls minimal and contact with my youngest as and when it suits him. He has known a lady that works at my GP practice 9wks and is in love and they are buying my girls love and affection despite the youngest not knowing her at all. Also a way to keep an eye what im doing. He isolated me from my family and convinced them im crazy and unsafe. He messaged many people that im crazy and destroyed my reputation as a childrens nurse. My 14year old brother is in my care due to safeguarding and my mum resents me for that so is now helping my ex to remove my children from me. Both my mother and ex promised to ruin my life and they have. They are using the fact that my accommodation is not suitable yet he made me homeless and wouldn’t leave and that i have ptsd so wants a care order in place so he has the girls live with him.

You have, in my view, grounds to apply for the above orders, and to ask that you are granted the right to live in the family home with the girls.

The form to apply is here:

There is no fee for the application.

There is also an explanatory leaflet here which may assist:

The only other thing you can (if you don't go down the non molestation order/ occupation order route) do is apply to court for contact - and the application fee may be waived if you have no income.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can i apply for the order despite him having one in place that states that the girls are to live with him until we go to court Friday?

Yes - as the judge can hopefully deal with this application at the same time as your court hearing on Friday.

I hope this clarifies things?

If so, please take a second to rate my response with 5 stars as this will credit me for my time.

Thanks and do let me know if you have further questions, follow ups are part of the service, even if you have already taken the time to rate for me.

Kind regards,


plclegal and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you