plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Can you please explain if this is literally just a

Hi can you please explain if this is literally just a certificate or are they trying to tell me something? I am self representing at family court and don’t want them to be catching me out in anyway. Thank you in advance

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm just reviewing your question.

Yes this is just confirmation that the applicant has legal aid funding. Nothing to worry about.

Can I clarify anything further about this for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’m back in court in feb and was wondering what a position statement is as I am still self representing at this point.
I am usually knowledgable and would do a lot of research before writing what would seem like gobbledygook. I’m 100% sure my emotions are going to get in the way of how I write. Thank you Sir, for taking the time out of your day to help.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry thank you that did clarify about the letter

No problem at all.

The terminology can be confusing at times.

A position statement is a short statement updating the court on any new information ahead of the next hearing and also setting out your position in relation to any applications or issues that the court has decided to deal with at that hearing.

Can I clarify anything about that for you?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would that relate to drug and alcohol testing etc? Which I add, was supposed to be submitted to the judge in December but has only just been received by the lab as the other party didn’t arrange it in time to meet the deadline. Would I be able to write that in a position statement?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you again for replying

No problem - yes any updates - so if something from the previous order has. not been compiled with then a short explanation why will suffice.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the judge wouldn’t mind if I asked the other party why when they were ordered by the court to arrange and submit results from alcohol and drug testing by a date given by the court they never? It really affected my mental health, as it’s me that’s having to jump through hoops/chase things up and they seem to just be taking their time as if me seeing my daughter isn’t a priority.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your reply

You can highlight to non-compliance and the effect this has on the proceedings. You can offer criticism of the other party's failure to comply and the fact that this is impacting on you and your daughter. You can't ask the other party questions in your position statement though.

I hope this clarifies things?

If so, please take a second to rate my response with 5 stars as this will credit me for my time.

Thanks and do let me know if you have further questions, follow ups are part of the service, even if you have already taken the time to rate for me.

Kind regards,

Peter