How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lawyer21 Your Own Question
Lawyer21, CILEx Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2090
Experience:  CILEx Lawyer
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Lawyer21 is online now

Please can you lead me how to change my name and surname and

This answer was rated:

hello please can you lead me how to change my name and surname and my kids name as well? and if there is any legal negative effectThanks

Hi How can I help?

The process is called Name by Deed Poll.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
please what is the procedures , documents need and how long it take

The document would need to be witnessed. You would need your ID documents and that of the child. Proof of relationship such as the child’s UK birth certificate. The new first and surname that you would like the name to be changed.

Thank you

I would appreciate if if you would give me a positive rating by clicking on the above and address press submit-

Lawyer21 and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
last things, is there any sure names not allowed or can not choose it for any reason for you need an approval for it??
after the approval do I need to change all the personal documents like land registry or driver license or boll card or the will or....???