How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask michael holly Your Own Question
michael holly
michael holly, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 7528
Experience:  BA Hons degree Law , Solicitors finals, 20 years experience, trained family law mediator.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
michael holly is online now

If my partner has to go into a care home in the future (he

This answer was rated:

If my partner has to go into a care home in the future (he suffers from Parkinson's disease) and he doesn't own a property but has savings - how much of his savings will be taken into account towards his care home fees. His state pension and personal independence payment are taken towards payment of care home fees. How much of his savings is he allowed to keep? I was told by a friend if was £9000.

Good evening

Any amount of savings under £14,250.00 are completely disregarded.

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond.

Otherwise please either click accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes


michael holly and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Many thanks

my pleasure