Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

The DWP have been in contact(via letter) only this last 2

The DWP have been in contact(via letter) only this last 2 months regarding overdue payment on child support(I am not aware this child is mine nor have I been able to carry out a DNA test)
They have sent letters to my employer requesting Deduction from earnings.
Is there any way to challenge or stop this.Note: I have called DWP they have advised that the child maintence claim has been cancelled and all that is being requested is for the overdue payments.Before this date I have not received any letters or commutation from them.
Hi thank you for your message, what is the overpayment for, overpaid benefits to you?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No the overdue payments are for child support. I am the one who has to pay it. But I have not done a DNA to prove I am the father as of yet

Hi thank you for your message, were you married to the mother of the child or named on the birth certificate?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No I’m not on the birth certificate and I was not married to the mother of the baby. I have not heard from her for 6 years

Hi thank you for your message, well then you cannot be held responsible for payments of child maintenance it is not clear you owe as the child has not been confirmed as yours and you do not have parental responsibility. You should therefore, contact the DWP and ask them to confirm the basis of the arrears against you given there is no legal basis for you being determined to be the father. You are not on the birth certificate and were not married to the mother nor a court order evidencing you as the father. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.