Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

My ex partner came into my rented home yesterday and did

My ex partner came into my rented home yesterday and did about £3000 worth of damage about £2500 of that was personal things like 2 tv kitchen appliances he took 1 give outdoor camera and 1 samsung tablet and small things like hdmi cable phone charger and so on but he also damage the front door and my landlord went pay that and want me to pay for that. My insurance will not pay for anything specially not the front door what can I do? He is also on bail that he can not go in on the street i live at but he can be in the village and he is allowed to go on to the shop I own please help me with some advice what is my rights and what can I do to get some money for being able to get my house back in order.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm he breached a court order?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
At the time no he didn't
Hi, thank you for your message. If a criminal offence has been committed against you you need to contact the police who will investigate the matter. If the matter goes to court you will be able to claim back the damage caused. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The police came on the day he is in court 30th of jan
Ok. That is good. Once the matter is in court the level of damage and amount will be determined by the courts.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I should just pay for everything and then I might not get anything back?
I would wait for the conclusion of the case.if you can pay make sure to keep receipts and any reports about the damage as evidence. Make sure you have pictures of the damage caused. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.