How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Family Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 36536
Experience:  Over twenty-five years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now

Was looking to find out how does it take social work to be

This answer was rated:

Hi there was looking to find out how long does it take social work to be granted a warrent to remove a child from care if I refuse to sign the child care plan?
Assistant: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: No I'm in hospital iv just had my daughter 3 days ago and because she come early they want me to had her over to my mum and be separated from her I'm not signing it as iv been taken the correct steps
Assistant: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in fife it would be dunfermline sheriff court
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The meeting is at 3 and I really need help and advise as I'm fighting for my daughter

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. The local authority would have to take the matter to court - but if their concerns were so great as to safeguarding and risk of harm the court could grant an order (an interim care order or ICO) within a couple of hours. The local authority would need to tell you that they are making the application and you would be entitled to attend and would also get legal aid to get solicitors/barrister to represent you at the hearing and put you side of things. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars for my time.

Thomas Judge and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't know what safeguard is would I have been told what this is?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I never recieved a phone call?

Did call